I appreciated the organizer who provided me with the phenomenal opportunity to talk with the world about the world; dance with them; play with them; swim, cry, laugh, and hug the world - all in 7 days!!! It seemed as thought the world was at my feet. Now I am a part of a global community.
I just have one thing left to say, I miss you all a lot: remembering all of you; my summer school friends, who are in my memory for ever. Those who live in the hearts of others, never fade away.
You must be logged in to add tags.
This user has not written anything in his panorama profile yet.
International Summer School for Young Africans Temidayo Israel-Abdulai
| May 15th, 2006
Compliments and Best Wishes.
I am writing to inform you about the 1st International Summer School for Young Africans being organized by the Africa Diaspora Youth Forum (UK) in Nigeria from the 23rd – 30th July 2006. The Summer School would be held for a week would draw speakers and trainers from all over Africa and its Diaspora and is being supported by Virgin Nigeria, Africa Leadership Forum, London Metropolitan University and a lot of other International Organizations in Africa and its Diaspora.
The Summer School would be focused on building the capacities of Young Africans in Africa and it’s Diaspora and would be an opportunity for Empowerment and Capacity Building for Young Africans. The event which would be held in Nigeria would be declared open by the President of Nigeria and the Closing Ceremony would be attended by the President of Malawi and Kenya. We have specially selected and invited seasoned trainers and speakers from all over Africa and its Diaspora to teach, train and inspire the over 300 delegates expected at the event.
Our last weeklong Leadership Training for the West African Sub-region in March 2005 was rated excellence and was supported by the Lagos State Government, British Council, Africa Leadership Forum, Air France, and AREF; Nevertheless the 1st International Summer School would be great as it would not only bring together Young Africans from Africa and it’s Diaspora for the whole week but would also create a platform for a Strong Partnership between Africa and its Diaspora.
Some of this years Speakers and Trainers includes and the list are increasing daily:
• Dr. Dapo Oyewole – CEO CAPPS UK www.thinkafrica.org
• Richie Dayo Johnson – CEO Richmond Academy UK www.richmondjohnson.com
• Dr. Ajayi – Africa Leadership Forum Nigeria www.africaleadership.org
• Ambassador Segun Olusola AREF www.aref.org
• Dr. Keem Bello Osagie
• Gbenga Sesan – Africa Digital Divide www.gbengasesan.com
• Lanre Suraj – HEDAGENDA www.hedagenda.org
• Dr. Titi Banjoko – Africa Recruit UK www.africarecruit.com
• Ndidi Okwonkwo – LEAP Africa www.leapafrica.org
• Hafsat Abiola – Kind Nigeria www.kindnigeria.org
• Ellen Brogren – Young General Assembly www.youngga.org
• Dr. Fola Adeola – UK Commission for Africa www.cfa.org.uk
• Dr. Firmino Mucavale – NEPAD www.nepad.org
• Dr. Man Joof – ECOWAS www.ecowas.org
Some of the objectives of the Summer School include:
• To create an avenue for Empowerment and Capacity Building for Young Africans in Africa and its Diaspora.
• To promote Citizenship Education amongst Young Africans
• To create an opportunity for delegates to meet other Young Leaders from all over Africa to discuss issues relating to Africa’s Development, Share Ideas, Build their capacities and network with one another
• To establish an avenue for Young Africans in Africa and its Diaspora to engage in the actualization of the MDG’s and the NEPAD Framework for Africa’s Development.
Sessions would be focused on themes such as Human Right and Democracy, Leadership, Good Governance and Accountability, Youth and Leadership in Africa, Environment and Sustainable Development amongst others.
Skill Training would cover Leadership Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Vocational Skills, Public Speaking Skills, Project Management, Fundraising Skills, Employability Skills, Conflict Management, and many more. There would also be IT Training Sessions to train delegates on How to make effective use of the Internet/Web.
There are many opportunities and ways you could be involved in the Summer School for Young Africans, either by:
• Attending the Summer School as a delegate
• Making a Presentation at the Summer School either as a Professional or as a Young Activist with experience (Youth Leader/Trainer)
• Sponsoring a Delegate to attend
• Sponsoring a Session at the Summer School
• Exhibiting at the Summer School and many more
For all correspondence, please email [email protected] or [email protected] Tel: +44-208-331-3887 and +44-79-3024-7915. www.summerschool.youngdiaspora.org and www.youngdiaspora.org
You must be a TakingITGlobal member to post a comment. Sign up
for free or login