Have a Lasting Impact
Monitoring your project throughout each stage will help you to best respond to changes that occur along the way. It is helpful to set out indicators or measures of success to make sure you stay on track. The more specific your “indicator,” the easier it will be to evaluate your achievements.
raise funds for an HIV/AIDS Charity
|Possible Indicators of Success:
Create your own list of success indicators based on your goal
Taking action on an issue that you care about is no easy task. It is especially difficult to move from the idea stage to the action phase. Along the way, through all the challenges faced, one of the most rewarding parts of taking action is what can be learned along the way.
Youth that have run action projects tell us what skills they have developed by taking action:
- in-depth knowledge about an important issue
- leadership, communication and management skills
- teamwork and organizational skills
- how to recruit participants
- learning to interact with people from different backgrounds
- advocacy skills
- determination, patience and clarity of purpose
- how to handle pressure
- how to be more confident in your ideas